Monday, January 19, 2009

The Countdown, Again

So here I am, marked at the two week countdown again. As if foreseeing my arrival, Israel declared a "unilateral" ceasefire this morning. We'll see how this goes.

I'm back to double checking my flight itinerary, what I have on the packing/already packed list (I mostly didn't unpack from my originally schedule departure time), what else could I add that I didn't think of beforehand?

I'm still nervous, though maybe less so than beforehand. I had a few dreams about being in places besieged by missiles and bombs. I ascribed them to having read to many news articles and having seen too many videos and photographs. I'm feeling better than I did before the original departure time, but we'll see how I feel in a week and a half.

So yes, here we are again. I promise to keep you all informed, but I make no promises as to my own preparedness.

No comments: